All Photos: Haley Graham Photography
Thanks for reading! I’ve had a lot of requests about my fitness/health tips. Sharing 5 fitness tips and 5 healthy living tips that I live by!
Click >HERE< for : My favorite workouts, clean eating recipes, and workout clothes!
5 FITNESS TIPS:
- Variation in your workout – I’ve been in competitive sports most of my life. From gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, cross country, track etc. It’s important to not only stay active, but switching up activities to keep from getting bored. After I stopped playing sports competitively, I took up a lot of strength training at the gym and yoga. My favorite workouts right now are pretty low key. It’s important to stay active but I believe it’s just as important to listen to your body and rest if you need it. Here are a list of 15 fun & awesome sports to play for over-all health and weight loss.
- Lifting/Cardio will give you the best results – I’ve seen the most results with my body when I am doing both cardio and lifting. The best advice I’ve had was to add in strength training and circuits or lifting. I’ve never wanted to look super muscular; small weights and high reps will tone and not make you look bulky. Here are some awesome circuits to try and here are some videos to show you how to properly lift and what you should do for which results.
- Healthy living/fitness all starts in the kitchen – If you’re someone who has a hard time resisting the fast food, junk food etc. use the 80/20 rule.
- Eat clean 80% of the time and give yourself 20% of the time to live and be human. (I think most of my cravings are for chocolate and French fries – if I eat chocolate, I try to opt for dark cocoa chocolate and if I do the fries, I’ll get a small one!)
- Moderation is key.
- It’s also really helpful to have an accountability partner.
- Hydration is key – Once I started drinking at least 40oz of water a day, I felt 100% different. Better mood, skim, digestive health and my dehydration headaches we’re reduced. Here are 5 more reasons why you should stay hydrated according to ABC news.
- Listen to your body – It can tell you more than you think! For real, read more here.
TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING:
- Get outdoors – There is nothing fresh air can’t cure! Wherever you are, know that getting outside can really boost your health! Read more about the proof that being outdoors makes you happier.
- Mental Health is just as important as Physical – Mental health matters! There is a very real correlation with mental health and over-all happier healthier lifestyles.
- Essential Oils are cure-all – I might be a little obsessed and some people might be, like, what the heck are essential oils? They have intrinsic benefits, strong fragrances and healing powers. They can be used for 3 things:
- Aromatic – they can be diffused into the air to create calming, cleaning and refreshing benefits.
- Topical – Sore muscles, joint pain, headaches, colds etc.
- Internal– for better digestion, curb cravings, tummy problems, etc.
- Some of my favorite essential oils are: Lavender for bottom of my feet, “Deep Blue” for migraines, “DigestZen” for tummy issues and Lemon to put in my water. You can read more about the amazing health benefits of essential oils have here.
- Turn off the noise – There are so many benefits of turning off the screen – read more here on the health benefits of “unplugging” for a healthier life.
- Find what makes you happy – Nothing like finding things/doing things that make you happy to boost your overall health! Here are a few things that make me happy from a previous blog post 🙂
Shop my look by clicking the photos below: