DRESSES UNDER $50:
Happy Monday Everyone!
It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on social media and my blog! I’ve tried to keep up this spring, however, life has been quite busy.
I recently moved into the city in Portland and I took a new job in Physician Recruiting all at once. Between these transitions, many others have occurred! I have not had nearly as much time to commit to my blog since I was training in my new position and moving etc.
I’m sure many of you are in the season of life I am… which is attending weddings all spring/summer/fall. As someone who is a bargain, budget friendly shopper, I thought I’d share with you some of the finds for “wedding appropriate attire”. I also think that any of these dresses are bridal shower appropriate as well!
As far as the rules for shopping “wedding attire”:
- DON’T WEAR WHITE: Obviously, do not wear white – this color is reserved for the bride! Please do not be that person 🙂
- DRESS MODEST: Do not upstage the bride. Make sure your attire is modest and classy. I’ve been to weddings where one of the guests is wearing a tight white dress. SO not cool! Rule of thumb, if you wouldn’t wear it in-front of your grandma, then you probably shouldn’t wear it to the wedding in front of other people’s grandmas!
- DON’T BE TOO CASUAL: Do not wear jean, or anything TOO casual. This is an event you do need to dress up for. Judging on the invite/location etc. be mindful of how dressy to be. You can research the venue or look at photos to get an idea if it’s inside or outside and so on.
- DRESS SEASONALLY: If it’s a summer wedding, opt for color, pastels, floral prints and avoid black until fall and/or winter.
- DON’T BREAK THE BANK: Just because you want to dress nice does not mean you need to have a $500 dress 🙂 If you’re like me, you buy a $50 dress, and look classy & ready for the wedding festivities. Perfect!
*Also note – I typically have been attending outdoor weddings as I live in Oregon. If you’re going to a black tie formal wedding event, consider a longer dress and/or more formal that what I have provided!
I also wanted to give a shout out to my gracious friends, Michayla! She is learning photography and took these photos for me. She is already amazing at it and I’m so thankful for her willingness to have some fun shooting for me.